Former Palestinian political prisoner Allam Kaabi, a Central Committee member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and in-charge of the prisoners’ issue, delivered a video message to all international supporters of the Campaign to Free Ahmad Sa’adat, urging participation in the global weeks of action between 15 and 29 January 2020.
Watch the video:
“We are saluting all those who are participating in these events and actions, as we see in it a true uplifting of the struggle of the Palestinian prisoners’ movement in the Zionist jails,” Kaabi says. He also expresses his salutes of solidarity to Georges Ibrahim Abdallah, the Arab communist struggler for Palestine imprisoned for 35 years. 19 January marked a day of action for freedom for both Abdallah and Sa’adat.
“We are counting on the support of all the people of free will of the world and the solidarity with the Palestinian people. and those in solidarity with the Palestinian prisoners in occupation jails. We are looking to demonstrate in front of Israeli embassies and send a clear message that its crimes and aggressions against Palestinian prisoners will reach all international arenas,” Kaabi concludes.
Events are continuing to take place around the world. See the list below and join in your area.
Actions for the 15-22 January Call to Free Ahmad Sa’adat and all Palestinian Prisoners
Please let us know about your events! Use this form or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know – whether you’re including this campaign in a larger action or organizing your own action, we want to make sure to spread the word!
- Netherlands (Amsterdam, Den Haag and Rotterdam), 19 January – 29 January, Poster Campaign to Free Ahmad Sa’adat, Tareq Matar and Mays Abu Ghosh
- Ann Arbor, Michigan – Saturday and Sunday, 25 and 26 January. Youth for Palestine Conference This conference is organized by Midwest SJP and the Palestinian Youth Movement. Samidoun members will be attending and presenting here and we encourage all to join. University of Michigan -Ann Arbor More info: https://www.youth4palestine.com/
- Tunis, Tunisia – Saturday, 25 January. Solidarity Stand with Ahmad Sa’adat. 4:00 pm, Municipal Theater, Tunis.
- Global cities – Saturday, 25 January. Global call: No war on Iran! Check the list of events for an action in your city.
- Manchester, Britain – Saturday, 25 January. Imperialist Hands off Iran – Free Palestine! 12:00 pm, Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester
- Paris, France – Sunday, 26 January. Freedom for Ahmad Sa’adat and Georges Abdallah! 3:00 pm, Place de la Republique, Paris. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/319279442282196/
- Vancouver, BC, Canada – Tuesday, 28 January. Freedom for Ahmad Sa’adat – Freedom for Palestine 7:00 pm, Centre for Socialist Education, 706 Clark Drive, Vancouver. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/591115181622292/
We urge all supporters of Palestine and defenders of freedom for the Palestinian people to join us between 15 and 29 January 2020 in weeks of action to free Ahmad Sa’adat and all Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails.
- Toulouse, France – Saturday, 18 January. Stand Palestine: Freedom for Ahmad Sa’adat! 11:00 am, Metro Capitole, Toulouse. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/2789999011064518/
- Brussels, Belgium – Sunday, 19 January. Demonstration for Lebanon and Palestine 6:00 pm, Franklin Rooseveltlaan 101, Brussels. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1467621210028698/
- Gothenburg, Sweden – Monday, 20 January. Solidarity Night for Ahmad Sa’adat 6:00 pm, Syndikalistiskt Forum, Linnegatan 21, Gothenburg. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/782847918898925/
- Vienna, Austria – Wednesday, 22 January. Demonstration: Boycotting Apartheid is a Democratic Right! This is a large, collective demonstration in which many organizations will be participating to defend the BDS movement against attempted criminalization in Austria. Samidoun supports this effort and urges all to participate. 4:30 pm, Stephansplatz, Vienna. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/3073423182691843/